Sunday, June 7, 2009

BOYS SCHOOL BAMBOOZLE?!?

-------- Your tax dollars at work ---------

YOU COULD WRITE A BOOK ......

BUT EVERYONE WOULD THINK IT WAS FICTION!!

Tomorrow I've got a cheap flight to to Montreal but as soon as I get settled I promise to fill you in on a tonne of stuff...

I'll be there a week but am bring hard copy and electronic files with me so I can keep this blog alive.

IN THE MEANTIME....

I really would like to get more people involved in the blogging experience.... and I'll tell you why.....

Because I think our local media has failed us...... radio, TV, newspapers ... all of them. The fifth estate has died in this country for intents and purposes... and luckily the internet provides the perfect tool.

SOOO starting in the latter part of June I will be launching a second blog......called ....

ABOUT DEVELOPMENT ... for serious discussions about what we can do in our communities to optimize the potential we have to create opportunities and benefits for ourselves and our neighbours.... When I launch ABOUT DEVELOPMENT I'll be looking to engage folks in a constructive dialogue... without all the BS and politics and ideological debate that normally surrounds this most vital of topics.

Soo... stay tuned....

Ed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a new website "About Development" - that's great news to wake up to! Looking forward to reading of new ideas and views.
Enjoy your time in Montreal!
-thingsarelookingbetteralready

Anonymous said...

There should be a SWSDA. A good one, not a bad one like the one we have now. A good one would have a staff of people who are smart and educated. They could be advisors to municipal councils, maybe not advisors but people who could be helpful to municipal council, by doing research, and finding funding for projects. Things that council is not capable of doing on their own. Many councilors are good honest, hard working people, but they lack certain education and or do not have enough time to do the research necessary. That could be one role of a SWSDA.